Rapid Compression Machine
The RCM allows the simulation and analysis of processes inside an engine like carburation and combustion. It is more cost-effective and flexible than a glass motor.
The driving concept is based on two cylindrical and concentric driving pistons which move in opposite directions. This concept guarantees a mass balanced motion for any operating condition allowing a nearly vibration free operation. The modular concept of the RCM allows room for customization, tailoring the system to your experimental needs.
|complete system||sectional drawing||video of combustion|
- simulation of rotational speeds up to 3000 RPM
- best possible simulation of the inner engine sequences* enclosing axial and collateral optical access to the combustion chamber
- high compression pressure at small thermal loss
- easy and fast conversion when geometry of cylinder head changes
- intake in the cylinder head for injectors up to 19mm shaft diameter possible
- stroke lengths from 120 mm to 250 mm
- high precision fast measurement system with free acquisition channels gives the possibility to measure the position of the piston to 0,01 mm exactly => exact control of injection and ignition system
- trigger output for e.g. laser measurement technics
- multiple security functions avoid manual maloperation
- monitoring and control nearly fully automated via microcontroller
- setting of parameters and visualization by sophisticated PC software
- optimized reproducibility, also automated test series
For further technical details please take a look at the data sheet or contact us.